Holy Name of Jesus Parish started in 1912. It was formally established by Bishop John J. Catwell on February 18, 1921. In 1924, the 2nd pastor Fr. Joseph Truxaw, constructed a two-story structure that would serve not only as a church-auditorium, but as a parochial school as well. In 1924, its first year of operation, the school opened with 150 students and was staffed by the Sisters of Loretto.
A new building was started and completed in 1961. In 1962, Fr. Patrick J. Roche completed the replacement of the original plant by adding an auditorium as well as another classroom. A kindergarten program was started in 1983. In 2002, a library was added to the school. In 2003, a music education program was added. In 2006, an art education program “Art Trek” was implemented throughout the school.
In 2007, the school was renovated through a grant provided by the Shea Foundation. In 2008, the Specialty Family Foundation funded the establishment of a marketing and development office. In 2009 we added an online accelerated reading comprehension program used by all grades and an online accelerated mathematics program used by grades 2-5. In 2010, we extended the school year from 10 months to 11 months.